CATA Clean Commute Options is kicking off Ozone Action Season by holding the first ever Clean Commute 5K.
This family-friendly event promotes and raises awareness of air quality and its effects on respiratory health, kicks-off Ozone Action Season, and will benefit those affected by respiratory illness. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Mid-Michigan Asthma Coalition.
We would like to invite you and your business, school, neighborhood, or organization to participate in this unique event on April 27, 2013.
You can contribute by providing materials in our race packets, supporting race activities, acting as a vendor at our Clean Air Fair, or promoting the event among your networks. You can also encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to engage in behaviors that improve air quality like those listed below.
- Choose an alternative commute such as riding the bus, carpooling, vanpooling, biking, or walking
- Wait to fuel your vehicle until after 5:00 p.m.
- Avoid topping off your gas tank
- Reduce vehicle engine idling
- Combine errands or trip chain
- Avoid mowing your lawn on when Air Quality Action Alerts are issued
During the event, participants are encouraged to stretch their legs, shake off the winter and enjoy the 5K Race/Walk.
Participants can also enjoy time with family members of all ages at our 1-Mile Multi-Modal Excursion. This part of the event invites you to bring your skateboard, long board, pogo-stick, bicycle, tri-cycle, roller skates and blades down to Hawk Island Park to show off how you go your own way.
Schedule is as follows:
- Registration and Packet Pickup 8:00 a.m. – 9:10 a.m.
- Clean Air Fair: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- 1M Multi-Modal Excursion Start: 8:45 a.m.
- 5K Run/Walk Start: 9:15 a.m.
- Raffle Donated Prizes: 10:30 a.m.
Groups can receive the 5K Family/Biz Run Team rate when five individuals register together. Groups registering together are considered teams. Teams are encouraged to coordinate apparel and will compete as individuals.
Registration fees for the event are as follows:
100% of registration fees for this event will benefit the Mid-Michigan Asthma Coalition.
$15 by/before April 19
$20 by/before April 26
$25 day-of-event April 27
5K FAMILY/BIZ RUN TEAMS:
$40 by/before April 19
$45 by/before April 26
$50 day-of-event April 27
1M MULTI-MODAL EXCURSION: ** FREE
* A family consists of parents or legal guardians and their dependents. A business consists of up to 5 representatives of a single business organization. Coordinating team apparel is encouraged. Each participant must complete separate registration forms.
** Multi-Modal excursion participants may: walk, bike, longboard, skateboard, roller blades, scooter, pogo stick, etc.
To register to participate in the event please contact the CATA Clean Commute Options Program at email@example.com or (517) 393 – 7433. You can also find registration forms and information about the Clean Commute Options Program and Ozone Action Season by visiting www.cleancommute.org.